Finger Paint Recipe
Let the littlest of littles create and explore with this easy to make paint for kids!
This recipe is taste-safe, making it great for children still in the mouthing stage. You also only need two ingredients to make it! Are you ready to see how?
For all the best kids activities follow us on Pinterest & Facebook.
We love coming up with ways to make our own art supplies. For lots more ideas be sure to visit our play recipes collection.
How to Make Taste-Safe Finger PaintMaterials
- Food coloring
- Add the desired amount of plain yogurt to a cup/bowl, using one bowl for each color of taste-safe paint that you are making.
- To simplify things even further you can open containers of plain yogurt and begin with that.
- Add several drops of food coloring to each container. Then, mix until combined.
Painting with Yogurt
This art activity is all about the process, as you won't want to keep any of the artwork long term. What IS great about this paint is that is is vibrant and made from edible ingredients, so even babies can paint and play! Give kids paper, and they are sure to have a blast!
Extend the Fun
- Make scented yogurt paint! Use Kool-aid in place of food coloring for even more fun!
- Store any unused paint in air-tight containers in the fridge, and it can be used for up to one week!