Magic Mud Recipe
Today, we added one simple ingredient to play mud to make it MAGIC! Rosie and Jewel had so much fun!
Read on to see how we made mud FIZZ!
How to Make Magic Mud for KidsMaterials
- Begin by mixing roughly equal amounts of soil and baking soda in a large play bin or basin.
- Slowly begin to add water and mix, slowly adding more water and mixing until the desired consistency is reached.
- That's it! You now have MAGIC mud! Add kitchen gadgets and diggers, and the fun can begin!
- Rosie and Jewel had a blast playing in the faux mud just like this. They made pies, muffins, cakes, and more.
Then, just when they began to get bored we added the fizzing fun!
Making Magic Mud FizzGive kids squirt bottles of vinegar, and they will have a blast making the mud magically erupt!
Rosie and Jewel were amazed and wanted to make the mud bubble over and over again!
- We colored our vinegar using food coloring to make it even more fun!
- Magic mud is only meant for one play time and should not be stored for future play.
- When making magic mud there is no need to measure. More baking soda just means more FIZZ! To my kids that equates to heavy hands. Happy playing! :)
MORE PLAY RECIPES FOR KIDS
- Snow Dough
- Homemade FLOAM
- Magnetic Slime
- Bubbles Recipes
- Bath Paint Recipe
- Sand Slime
- Snow Slime
- Chalk-Filled Balloons
- Quicksand Play Dough
- Cloud Dough