Squirrel Calendar Numbers Free Printable
Switch your calendar numbers up this fall with these squirrel calendar numbers. They’re incredibly easy to prep! Plus, you can use the squirrel number cards to practice important early math skills with preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten kids.
The squirrel number cards would be a great addition to your fall activities for preschoolers and kindergartners. Or as part of an acorn or squirrel theme. Of course, you can just use them because they’re fun and engaging for the kids when included in your classroom math centers.
No matter how you decide to use them, the squirrel numbers are sure to be a hit with your students.
Related: Free Preschool Printables
Be sure to grab your own copy of the squirrel number cards at the very bottom of this post.
Squirrel Calendar Numbers
Read below for some tips about prepping the squirrel numbers, as well as some ideas for using them with your students. Of course, you need to keep in mind that these are just suggestions. You and your students can come up with your own activities based around the number cards!
How to Prep the Squirrel Number Cards
Start off by gathering the materials you need to prep the numbers. Here’s what I generally use (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
- Scissors (a paper cutter would work well, too)
And that’s about it! You really don’t need much to get the squirrel calendar numbers ready for your classroom. While you’re gathering supplies, be sure to pick up any items you’d like to use with the numbers. Some possibilities:
- Acorns (real or fake)
- Dry erase markers
- Small squirrel toys
- Calendar pocket chart
Now that you have all of your supplies, it’s time to prep those squirrel numbers! And there’s not much to that. Here’s what to do:
- First, get your copy of the free number cards at the bottom of this post.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Open the file in the most up-to-date version of Adobe Reader.
- Then print out the squirrel number cards, making extra copies as desired.
- Cut the numbers apart.
- Finally, laminate the calendar numbers for durability.
And now you’re ready to use the cards with your students!
How to Use the Squirrel Calendar Numbers in the Classroom
Oh, there are so many uses for these printable squirrel numbers! Here are some of our favorite ways to use them:
- Incorporate them into your classroom calendar. They work well with both traditional and classroom calendars. And you can use them with laminated paper calendars or pocket chart calendars. The number cards are 3-inch squares, so adjust your printer settings if you want a different size.
- Challenge your students to put the cards in order from 0 to 35. Once they’ve mastered that, see if they can do so in reverse order, too.
- Use the cards as numbers for a variety of math-centered homemade games for kids. They’d be great as part of number bingo, number Memory, or as dice replacements.
- Pair the squirrel calendar numbers with math manipulatives or loose parts. Let the kids practice one-to-one correspondence by placing the appropriate number of items next to each number card. Encourage the kids to go back and count to check their work.
- Set up a simple sensory writing tray by placing sand in a shallow tray. Have the kids practice writing numbers, using the printable cards as visual cues.
- Measure items in your classroom using the number cards. You’ll get a kick out of hearing things like, “The table is 15 squirrels tall!” let me tell you! You can even measure the kids using the cards.
- Use the squirrel calendar numbers with another set of number printables. My acorn calendar numbers would be a great choice! Then have the children practice patterning using the two different sets of numbers.
- Mix the numbers up and have each child pick a number. Then see if the kids can get in line from the smallest number to the largest number (or vice versa).
How will YOU use the squirrel calendar numbers in your classroom? Leave me a note in the comments about your kids’ favorite use for the number cards.
What are the Kids Learning with the Squirrel Numbers?
Just in case you want to know, here’s a list of some of the concepts kids can explore with the number cards:
- Number identification
- One-to-one correspondence
- Skip counting
- Graphing and data analysis
- Number formation
- Numerical order
Those are the main math concepts I tend to explore with calendar numbers. But that doesn’t mean you can’t use the numbers for even more math learning!
More Squirrel Activities for Kids
If the squirrel calendar numbers are a hit with your students, they might enjoy these activities as well:
- Acorn Math
- Squirrel Craft
- Acorn Art
- Squirrel Play Dough Mats
- Acorn Color Matching
- Squirrel Exploration Table
Animals in the Forest Circle Time Song Pack
Let Preschool Teacher 101 save you a ton of time with done-for-you resources perfect for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten classrooms. We have hundreds of lesson plans, dramatic play packs, circle time songs, STEM challenges, literacy activities, digital games, and so much more. Members of The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 can save even more with multiple membership tiers.
Click on the image below to grab our Forest Animals Circle Time Pack. It has over 100 pages of age appropriate printables such as song charts and corresponding pieces, extension activities, class books, and emergent readers.
You can also find us on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Get the Squirrel Calendar Numbers
The free printable squirrel numbers are available to members of Fun-A-Day’s free email community. If that’s you, please add your email address to the form below to have the download link sent to your inbox. If you’d like to join us, enter your information in the same form. Then you’ll receive the squirrel calendar numbers as a welcome gift.
You can open the form in a new tab if you can’t see it above. Please be sure to read my printing FAQ if you run into any trouble.
The post Squirrel Calendar Numbers Free Printable appeared first on Fun-A-Day!.