Water Bead Painting
Have you ever played and explored with water beads?If you are unfamiliar they are amazingly fun, water-filled marbles that are nearly impossible to imagine without trying them yourself. Today, we decided to try painting with water beads, and the results were just too fun!
For all the best kids activities follow us on Pinterest & Facebook.
For a lot of other fun ways to make art be sure to visit our play recipes collection.
Water Bead Painting Activity for Kids
- Begin by lining a shallow container with paper. We used the lid from a box, but you could use a baking sheet or similar.
- Briefly place this to the side
Making Water Bead Paint
- Fill a cup/bowl with the desired amount of water beads, using one cup for each color of paint that you are using.
- Add several squirts of paint to each cup.
- Then, use a spoon or similar to stir until the water beads are coated in paint.
Painting with Water Beads
- Kids are sure to shriek and giggle as they pick up the slimy water beads. Have them place the beads onto the paper, varying colors and patterns as desired.
- Once they are happy with the placement of the beads have them gently shake and move the box from side-to-side. As they do this the water beads will roll around on the paper to make art.
- Super cool, right? Rosie thought so! The squishy, gooey beads made her giggle and laugh uncontrollably!
She loved the texture of the paint and the water beads together, and I absolutely love the pieces of art that were created during the process!
Extend the Fun