This peg board toy is small with tiny pegs so it is a perfect activity for pincer grasp work along with eye-hand coordination. The cube pegboard measures 2.75" and the pegs are .75" long so it is best suited for ages 4+. Includes 96 pegs in 4 colors.
- Creative design - Kids can use the pegs to draw their own designs or images such as houses, boats, animals etc.
- Color sorting - Sort the pegs by color. You can sort by row, or create square blocks of color.
- Symmetry - Put pegs on one-half of the pegboard. Have the kids fill in the other half with a mirror image design.
- Create Letters - Build the letters of the alphabet with the pegs.
- Create shapes - Draw shapes with the pegs. Extend the fun by adding rubber bands and creating a geoboard. Use the pegs to mark corners of shapes and objects, and create the outline with rubber bands!
- Patterns - Create patterns with different colored pegs and have the students replicate the pattern.
- Sequencing - Start a simple pattern such as an AB, ABC, AABB pattern and have the students finish the pattern. You can do the pattern by rows or by building up by stacking the pegs!
- Visual Addition - Create a simple math problem such as 2+3. Have the students place 2 pegs of one color on the board, then 3 of another color. Count to find the answer.
- Play a multiplayer four in a row game that spans all 6 sides of the cube.